CNB Bank is committed to the communities and businesses it serves, and is a proud supporter of the next generation of business leaders. We invite eligible students to enhance their business education by participating in our annual scholarship contest. One winner from each eligible school will receive a $500 scholarship, to be used for continuing business education.
High School graduating seniors with intentions to further their education at a college or university seeking a business-related degree. Student must attend a high school in the CNB Bank market area. Dependents of Directors or Officers of CNB Bank are not eligible to apply.
Over the course of your education and as you start your career, it will be necessary to work in groups or teams. In fact, throughout your High School education you’ve probably had to participate in a group assignment. What role do you typically take when you participate in a group activity? Are you a leader? Do you focus on being a support member? Or do you find yourself as a facilitator? There’s no right answer; just describe your skills when cooperating with others and how your type of participation contributes to the overall success of the group.
- A minimum of 300 words
- Typed and double-spaced
- Participant name and/or family names should not appear on the essay
Along with the essay, applicants should provide:
Ways to Submit
- A brief summary of participation in community and school activities.
- One letter of recommendation from a present or past educator.
- One non-family reference that can provide personal insight into the applicant.
- Open, print and complete the applicant form and turn into your high school’s guidance office along with essay and letter of recommendation by March 16, 2018.
- OR Complete the online applicant form and upload your essay and letter of recommendation by 11:59 p.m. on March 18, 2018.
Essays will be judged on originality and how well ideas are expressed. Contributions to both school and community will be considered, as well as educator recommendation and personal reference checks.
Applicant form, essay, and letter of recommendation must be received by 11:59 p.m. March 18, 2018. Winners will be announced on March 30, 2018.
For more information, please contact Jamie Barger by calling 814-290-5915 or email Jamie.Barger@CNBBank.bank